Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Red Passion War

The day I learned of war, was the day that my throat began to ache. It started out as a little bother, sometimes it would be hard to swallow. Then I could barely hold anything in, for I just wanted to spit it all out. I needed people to understand, I needed them to listen to my scream. The screams that went by unheard, full of wonder and fear. I had so many questions, and now I have even more. I still have yet to know, why we must do this. This thing called war. It is only human nature, some people might say. But I just want to ask when anger became a bigger compound of human nature, than love and compassion. It's just I don't really see the point of asking when they have no answer, or at least not the answer that I want to hear. I even don't know what that would be. The battlefield bleeding red. And it's not just blood that's going away, it's people. People that still have a whole life to live. Whether you believe it or not, our world would be different if those people had just been able to live. Sometimes I find it hard to grasp that we are made as one, with the people that live in the same country. Yes I live in America. And yes I live in America but I do not believe in killing people in another country, just for some oil or money, or whatever this war is about anymore. I think it is about time that my voice be heard, that everybodies voice be heard, for that is the only way to heal this ache in my throat. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Especially the take that the color can be that of passion and that of blood (representing war). Nice play on the color with this piece.

    ReplyDelete